How To Serve A Zero Trans Fat Fry
Bake any of the McCain zero TFA items
Use the right oil and the right procedures
- Check the oil label to verify zero grams trans fat per
serving...ask your usual distributor or manufacturer representative
for a non-hydrogenated oil.
- The oil should not have the words Hydrogenated or partially
hydrogenated in the ingredient statement.
- In order to serve 0g trans fat products... Cooked items in 0g
trans fat oil alone or with other 0g trans fat foods.
- Do not deep fry 0g trans fat items with other items that contain
Our new ZTFA products perform just as well as those previously made in
partially hydrogenated oil. You may notice the following product
characteristics; however, they do not impact the quality of the finished
Please contact us
if you have detailed questions about serving zero grams trans fat potatoes
or appetizers in your operation
- Product made with non-hydrogenated oil may appear somewhat “lighter”
in the frozen state.
- Product made with non-hydrogenated oil may appear slightly more
“greasy” or “wet” in the frozen state.
- Product made with non-hydrogenated oil may result in slightly more
“dusting” or “crumbing” on the surface of the oil in fryer vats. While
skimming the oil more frequently may be required to keep the dusting off
the fryers, normal and regular fryer maintenance should minimize any
issues in this area.
- Product made with non-hydrogenated oil may result in oil spots on
the bags. Such “staining” does not compromise product quality or the
integrity of the bags.