* Source: National Restaurant Association 2004, Technomic 2005 Age Wave
Study, Nation's Restaurant News 2005 & National Restaurant Association 2005
Restaurant Industry Forecast.
Value of Time/Convenience 4
- 53% Age 28-39 agree that overwhelming responsibilities cause
them to eat out or pick up food to take home.
- Ages 28 and under will purchase food from Away From Home almost
one time per day.
- 43% of adults agree that in general, eating out is now just as
cost-effective as cooking at home and cleaning up.
What We Want When We Eat 5
- 55% of adults say they are trying to eat healthier
- 45% want more foods without trans fatty acids
- 56% are trying to reduce fat intake.
** Source: CDC, "Reed Research Group/R&I Obesity in America Study. R&I Magazine
10/15/04, "Shopping For Health 2004", Prevention Magazine